AN INVITATION TO THE WITCHES OF THE WORLD - PLEASE SHARE WIDELY!
2017 Witches of Transgression Working:
BORN IN THE FIRE
- Share this working and its intent with other people you know, or in your own social media, using the hashtag #witchesoftransgression
- Follow our blog.
- Perform the following ritual at your own altar each Full Moon between now and December 3, 2017. We begin Jan. 12, 2017, but join us whenever you wish.
THE RITUAL WORKING: EVERY FULL MOON
- a red seven day candle
- a copy of our ideals
- Light your candle. If you are not able to get or use a candle safely, please feel free to instead watch this video: https://youtu.be/IrR2u4_8LLg
- Gaze into the fire, feel the strength of your own inner flame burning inside you. Envision your inner flame manifesting in the world. Contemplate our ideals and the ways you embody them and act upon them. Do not dwell on the fears and pains of the past. Instead, know that the world we wish to create is already coming into being. When you feel ready, recite the Witches of Transgression prayer.
- Honor for elders, respect for their survival strategies, attention to their stories and the complexities of their lived experiences, continual respect for their choices including correct gendering throughout end-of-life care and into death.
- Communities connected by love and solidarity that center and amplify the the needs and voices of those who have been oppressed, bringing healing and justice
- A world that creates and maintains spaces of creativity, playfulness, and innovation.
- Alternatives to the prison industrial complex that better serve the needs of those who have been oppressed
- Equitable, accurate and accessible information and education which recognizes the intersectionality of sex, sexuality, gender identity and gender expression
- The establishment of public policies and laws which recognize and support the equal rights of all people, regardless of sex, sexuality, gender identity, gender expression, and any other aspects of being and identity.
- Reclamation of the natural and sacred roles of mxgender people in their communities and cultures; reclamation of repressed histories, stigmatized words and expressions; recognition that gender diversity is a sign of a healthy and holistic culture and restoration of that vitality to our living communities and societies by co-creating cultures of hospitality and freedom of being and expression.
- Respect for the self-determined identities of all people; accurate use of the names, gender identities, titles, and pronouns an individual claims, whether they are new or established; acknowledgement that an individual's identity may change over time or society's understanding of their identity may change; easy correction of medical or legal forms that do not reflect an individual's current identity.
- Accessible and appropriate medical care for all people, especially vulnerable populations such as the homeless and incarcerated; medical professionals knowledgeable about the particular health issues of trans, mxgender, and intersex people; medical forms that allow a person to indicate their sex, gender, and pronouns, and allow for these to change over time; an end to restrictive requirements for changing gender or sex.
- Honor for children; an end to unnecessary medical intervention in the bodies of intersex infants and youth; respect for the clothing, toy, activity, friendship and other preferences of children without regard to gender norms; an end to gender assignment before an individual is able to inform others of their identity; resistance to the systematic oppression that threatens children who in some way transgress gender
- Honor for our trancestors and ancsxtors; respect for the various ways their identities have been expressed over the millennia; honor for the unique cultural and spiritual roles they played; honor for individuals that played important roles; acknowledgement of the hardships they faced; reverence for our named and unnamed transcestors and ansxtors.
- Feel free to add any of your own ideals here.