Translate

Monday, June 16, 2014

A Charge of the God/dess

You've heard it many times before. Maybe every Full Moon, or even every ritual. The Charge of the Goddess, or Charge of the Star Goddess, exists in many forms and is often a part of ritual. It exists in poetic form, several standard prose forms, song form, and an infinite varieties that various Witches and Pagans over the years have written.

Somewhere along the way, the Charge of the God became a thing, too. Not quite as prolific as the Charge of the Goddess, but still present and used at a large splattering of ritual events.

This is something different.

Or, depending on how you look at it, something the same. This is something brewed up in my very own genderqueer Witchy heart, offered with love to you. Take it. Use it. Modify it. Make it your own.

This is my Charge of the God/dess, based on CAYA Coven's Charge of the Star Goddess and Charge of the Sun God.

Hear ye the words of the God/ess
The stare of whose eyes pierce the soul
Whose vastness cradles the Universe

I am the dark space between the stars
And the cave at the heart of the Earth
And the silence between breaths
And the potential before form arises

Call unto your soul, arise and come unto me
For I am the soul of the crossroads that awakes the point between
From me, all beings take a path and unto me they return, for the crossroads lie at the center of things

Before My depths, beloved of all
Let your Divine innermost self be imbued with the ecstasy of the edge

Let my worship be in the heart that rejoices
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals

Therefore, let there be beauty and strength, honor and pride, power and compassion, mirth and reverence among you.

And those of you who seek to know me, know this: that all your seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know your true self. For if that which you seek, you find not around you, then you must call it into being. For behold, I have been with you from the beginning, and I am that which dissolves all back into the infinite at the end of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment